Friday, April 27, 2007

Smallville Man

Last night I went to the grocery store with a good friend to buy a birthday card and vegetable oil. Now that is only two items, so we went to the ten items or less line, which in any store is the last one on the left, every one knows this. Well apparently everyone but the lady in front of us. She unloads her cart full of stuff, and the checker makes two or three remarks, including " ooh, you are getting me in trouble" and " oh no, this is the wrong line for you" ( she had a heavy spanish accent) But does nothing to stop the madness.

By now, the line behind us, is growing, and there are many people with one two items making noises like this " ughhhhh" and " eckkkhhgggkkkkk"

Then the magic moment happened, the man behind us( who mind you, had two microwavable hungry man meals and was at least 35 years old) Walks up to the lady with 397293 items and says, " next time, pick the right line, I am missing smallville, my favorite show becuase of you."

I tried, I really did try not to laugh.

I failed.

No comments: