Friday, February 01, 2008

Finally posting about China!

Gosh, I have been back from China for a really long time and I am finally posting!

The trip was absolutley AMAZING! Everything is so different there. I honestly thought I was going to die while on every car ride partly because driving there is out of control. The lines are not even suggestions, I am pretty sure there is no need for them, that goes for red lights as well. Sidewalks double as streets when there is traffic and pedestrians have no right aways. The only form of structure I saw was cameras along every highway ticketed you through a camera if you were over the speed limit. At one point our driver ( yes we had a driver, I will get to that later.) stopped on the highway, in the middle, and got out of the car, and waited for another driver to do the same, so he could get directions. I mean really?

The food was seriously sick, I never even had a full meal of chinese food. I thought I did, but Brandons dad told me it was Japanese. I was ok with that. I mostly ate spaghetti, pizza and pancakes. Good solid diet. The most disgusting food came from a buffet we went to at the top of the pearl tower, it rotated, oh yes the whole restaurant rotated. The buffet consisted of egg rolls ( which were filled with sugary bean paste aka poo.) fish, more fish, some sushi, spaghetti, ribs and my favorite part the "delicious combination." The DC as I call it, was not food, i gurantee it. Brandons dad said if they can't find a translation for it in english that you should not eat it, honestly I wasnt going to either way. The only way I did not starve to death is Brandons mom is an amazing cook, we ate gourmet at their house! Oh, and american food is so expensive! A tiny cup of ben and Jerrys was 14 american dollars! Pringles can was $9! Crazy.

We flew to a place near Russia called Haerbin where it was -20 at night, so cold! I felt like I was in a slurpee machine at all times, but it was so fun!

We asked the man working at the hotel where a western restaurant was and he directed us to it. We got there and I think it is where Anastasia lives. There was a giant Russian family there drinking so much vodka and literally smoking the entire time. It was amazing. The decor in the restaurant was old pictures of Hollywood movie stars such as Drew Barrymore after ET, Leo Dicaprio in Titanic and Britney Spears in her debut album. It was amazingly awful. Terrible food, but really fun.

I don't want to typt out every story, but there are a lot, ask me about the Tiger park, all I can say here is watch this video.

No comments: