Tuesday, August 12, 2008

bug juice!

I am at high school camp this week in Ojai Valley, and it's incredible! I literally feel like I am at a REAL summer camp. That may sound nutso since I have been at camp every year since I was 15, but this camp is different. There are tent-abins, which are tents and cabins at the same time. They have porches and screen doors. It's a beautiful thing. I was telling Ryanne yesterday I feel like I am at Bug Juice camp, which she told me is called camp anawana, not bug juice, but that is not the point. I wish I could stay here all summer, but bring up my family, and Brandon and a nail salon.

I just love camp.

Here is why-
walking everywhere
woodchips
picnic tables for every meal...outside.
the smell of bonfire
giant bugs
hoodies are worn at night, because it is actually cold.
though there is a schedule, it includes 5 hours of free time.
choco tacos (I even wrote a song about these delights...)
worship in the mornings and evenings
spending time, a lot of it, with friends
cards, for hours



Here are things that bug me..but not enough to sway my love-
trantulas in the middle of chapel, 5 inches from my feet
my feet are constantly dirty no matter how many times I wash them
there is a bee problem this year at our camp so they are constantly around, especially when I am trying to enjoy pancakes

so to sum that up, anything that has to do with bugs and my feet.

That is it.

Camp is the best.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

bug juice comes from who you are!

i loved that show for two reasons. one it took place in maine... my last name. and two it was awesome!

David Hughes said...

camp anawana is not bug juice. camp anawana is from a nickelodeon show called salute your shorts.

bug juice is from a disney reality show.

get a new best friend, jeez.