Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Traditions

As an almost married person, I have been thinking a lot lately about family traditions. 

I was at a bridal shower last weekend for a girlfriend of mine, and her mom made her an exact replica of the birthday plate that her family has used on everyones birthday since her and her husband were first married. Tears filled my eyes because I thought it was so special for her, and such a cute tradition for her to bring to her new family. 

Just curious... what are some family traditions that you either have in your family currently, or established once you got married?


1 comment:

Ange said...

Family band-jams during Christmas.
Family quizzes after big holiday meals to get out of dishes.
My sister and I making certain dishes during family meals...always the same ones.
We watch Planes, Trains and Automobiles EVERY Thanksgiving.
My mom text's all the children good night every night.