Thursday, June 04, 2009

Meet the Bridesmaids 7th Edition!

Meet Allison Hibbard... bridesmaid # 7!
{this is not me in this portrait}

Allison has been a dear friend of mine for
years now!
We met when I was a youngster in the Junior High ministry at Saddleback.
She was an adult leader then, and someone I looked up to and admired highly.
She let me eat Oreos in milk for breakfast at camp, and sat with me during services when none of my friends would show up and she constantly encouraged me through the awkward stages.
Her and I shared a special relationship through my junior high years and high school years, and now I feel so blessed to call her my friend.
Allison truly is a special person.
Last July she moved to Kitale, Kenya and worked with street children. teaching them math, and loving on them.
She has dedicated her life to the Lord's work, and I can't
even explain in words how much I look up to that.
Besides traveling the globe, Allison has the most beautiful singing voice in the entire world. When she sings, my heart smiles, and I get goosebumps.
It's a serious gift.
I am so thankful for Allison and the countless words of wisdom, talks through rough times, laughter, and food she has provided for me.
I owe Allison big time for introducing me to the iced non fat caramel macchiato at Starbucks, it has rocked my world, and my stomach.

I love you Alice.
Thanks for loving me, and Brandon.

2 comments:

blythe said...

i really like the bridesmaid introduction posts. you should create a label or link to bridesmaids already mentioned, for easy reference (you know, for those of us who are creepily interested...)

looking forward to meeting bridesmaids 8-12! ;)

Julie Hibbard said...

Plus, now that you are my niece, you and Allison are cousins!!! Yeah! Love these posts! So excited for the big day!