Thursday, March 20, 2008

No pepper.


*this is not my hand.


When I was little Dr. pepper chapstick was my favorite lip balm. I used it all the time. I think it was because as kids, we were not allowed to drink soda, so that was my only link to the carbonated world, but anyway... Everytime I used the chapstick it made me cough a little and my lips would tingle, therefore I always figured there was actual pepper in Dr. Pepper. Come to find out ( my senior year of high school) that there is not really pepper in the soda. I know what you're thinking..."wow katie, you're silly." But know this, today I found out my dear friend Juli also thought this for a majority of her life.

Here are the ingredients in case you were wondering;

Ingredients:

Carbonated Water
High Fructose Corn Syrup and/or Sugar
Caramel Color
Phosphoric Acid
Artificial and Natural Flavors
Sodium Benzoate (Preservative)
Caffeine

No pepper.

4 comments:

David Hughes said...

hahaha...oh man...dr pepper chapstick is the epitome of jr. high...

Allison said...

I used to wear Dr. Pepper chapstick because it had a little bit of color in it and I wasn't allowed to wear lipstick...so, ha ha mom! I tricked you!

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

your pretty

Erin Brady said...

I remember I got this and I was so excited because, hello! Dr. Pepper! So great, but once I opened it I gagged. I do not want that horrid smell so close to my little nose. No thank you.

But, your last sentence, I chuckled a little bit. Thanks.